Thursday, April 22, 2010

Short blog


This is a recent photo at Planting Fields of Grant, the son of a long-time friend, Dan, with whom along with others, I used to go running every Sunday. We had some fun times together. Dan is a fine photographer.






Dear family and friends,

Nothing much happening here: we are still looking into the options for deck shade. The sun is fine now but by June will be unbearable. Bill, the visiting nurse/ physical therapist came and put me through my paces: another 5 minutes on the stationery bike, much walking with the cane including down and up the stairs leading to the cellar, finally through two hard exercises with my right leg against the resistance of his hand. I think these hurt a little too much, but he doesn't seem to think so. As long as the pain is not a 9 or 10, I should be able to bear it, he implies. OK, this will get me stronger, so I will do it. He will continue to come for a while, it seems. I should have my new cane today and will practice for his next visit next Monday.

After work, Lincoln came over with videos of him in costume at the last con he went to, with of course a lot of other people. He has a good time with this group. He and a group of like-minded friends will be gathering outside Grand Central Station sometime this weekend. He helped me a little with my new email program, so inferior, IMOHO to the no-longer-monitored Eudora. But right in the midst of learning a few things, I had a wash of fatigue and had to go to bed. Fatigue is definitely a factor in my progress, both physical and mental, but I still am smiling.

Sophie sent over her delicious spinach pie and mashed potatoes. Dawn, who will visit this afternoon after her classes, and I will have this for supper tonight. Thanks, Sophie!

Love to all,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment