Monday, April 12, 2010

After 10 a.m. already!

Dear family and friends,

So many things to take care of this morning! I usually get to the blog first thing, before breakfast, but I had so many chores related to the various projects I am working on that it took me longer than usual—though of course sometimes I defer the whole thing.

The pain continues to be significant, and that is why I think I am so clumsy, letting things fall out of my hands. I pick up items from the floor, usually, from a seated position because it feels safer, less off-balance. I am trying to be watchful. But I also am doing more: folding clothes and sheets, tidying up as best I can.

Laury came over for a few hours yesterday to work on Measure for Measure with me. This is for our edition due in August. We have been away from it so long, and we are both a little mixed up, so that it took us some time to catch up. But we have now divided some of the material and will work separately. I am hoping to get to that today. I also want to phone the TFANA director (after about 6 emails and no reply) and see if she will send me the script as she had agreed to do. For yet another project, Laury is also collecting essays from the Shakespeare Association Seminar, and my contribution is not yet an essay but a series of comments that need to be shaped.

And of course, Hamletworks.org always beckons, the work itself and emails about the work.

Laury went shopping for me at Whole Foods, which is fairly near where she lives. I don't quite trust Merwin to do that shopping, though he is getting expert at North Shore Farms and other closer supermarkets. I wanted ingredients for Bittman's easy sardine-pasta meal, so highly recommended by Louise. I hope to make it when I have company because the recipe serve 6, and knowing me if I make it for Merwin and me, I will eat 5 servings and he will have 1, if that. Our NCC writing group is coming here on Thursday evening for a potluck supper, but I think I will make something really easy. I am excited about seeing my friends from the college as a group: we work so well together.

I am mindful of Sandy, Barbara, Lawrence, Lee and Murray. They are all working with Lee on her passage: may it be easy!


Love to you all,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment