Friday, December 4, 2009

Two activities today!

Dear Friends and Family,

Usually these days I can manage one activity but not two. Today I went to the usual very enjoyable "Ladies who Lunch" at the Jolly Fisherman, which we do on the first Friday of each month. A varied group comes, but always people who are fun to be with. We talk books, movies, current affairs, family matters and what not. I held up my end of the conversation with, ah hem, if I may say so, my usual verve and energy. By the end, though, I was ready to drive home and lie down for a bit. But then later I went with Merwin to the Gap to see if we could find him some nice jeans and at the same time make another contribution to our favorite charity. We did that in about a half hour. I love speeding through any shopping we do.

So I think I can say confidently that I am feeling better than I did before the transfusion. I go to the hem again on Monday, and she will evaluate the situation. I think the spleen is down a little too. For now I will not take the thalidomide until we talk, and I take a little less prednisone too.

Nothing much else to report today. I have been working on hamletworks.org, which I find easy to do because it is what I like best: capturing notes, thinking about them, and making adjustments that will help users. I also wrote lots of emails and regular letters. So it's been a busy day though not one that lends itself to details. It's not quite 8 p.m., but my eyes are drooping.

More another time,
Love to all,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment