Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A less eventful day

Dear friends,

We saw our first snow this morning—though it had virtually disappeared in the onslaught of rain that followed; then later in the day it grew quite warm. After the exercise class at the JCC, I went to the plastic surgeon to complete the physical part of the procedure. I was surprised to learn that I it would take about 6 weeks to finish the process: first step going back in two weeks to take out stitches, I think, and change bandages, then more weeks until the bandages would be removed. Seems strange. In the meantime, a pathologist will look t the edges to make sure there are no errant cells.

The fun part of the day was going out for lunch with the Offenbachs. Otherwise, it was the usual work at the computer, plus naps. I got very few responses to my news of retiring from the New Variorum Hamlet project, but Jeffery our webmaster for hamletworks, sent a robust answer: "Wow! I'd like to think hamletworks.org will be more interesting in the end;-)." I think he means more interesting because I will be devoting more of my energies to it.

I have to avoid moving my shoulder too much, so I will stay away from exercise classes until next week. Sleeping late seems like such a gift, but it seldom happens to me.

We are buoyed up by the new health care proposals to take the place of the public option. I think they could actually be better, and the plan is to implement them much sooner: 1. opening up the govt system (that government workers including congress people enjoy now) to people who need health care, and 2. giving those 55-64 an opportunity to buy into a medicare-like plan. No doubt the intense campaigns by republicans and insurance groups are having an effect on people's thoughts. The dems better move quickly.

All the best to all,
Love,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment