Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Busy day!

Dear Friends and Family,

The day started with a two-minute visit with the plastic surgeon, whose nurse removed my stitches. She and the doc declared that the site was just beautiful. I can't really see it; it's on my chest. Just as well. It's now bandaged for another two weeks, and then I'm done. The pathology report was excellent: clean margins. Well, that's a relief isn't it. Not that I was worried; once you have an opportunistic pneumonia, caused by the very meds you are taking to get better, you sort of let the little things slide by.

After that, Merwin took me to RSNS, our synagogue, where I do a little volunteer work, getting the newsletter into the mail (stuffing, labeling, stamping, etc). Eight of us today did the work: we chat, discuss movies and books and whatever else comes to mind. Then Joan Lehn and I went for lunch together, trying the pancakes at the newly-built enlarged diner on 25A. Very good.

Some work at the computer followed, then a movie, which we enjoyed very much: Almadóvar's Broken Embraces. We try to see every one of this genius' films, and appreciated this one as well as any other. On the way home from the Roslyn Theater, we recollected scenes from his other films, playing that "Do you remember?" game.

So a happy, busy day. May there be many like that in the lives of all of us.

Love to all,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment