Thursday, December 3, 2009

Missing day

Dear Friends and Family,

I am a little red-faced about the transfusion, 2 units. We neglected to ask how long we would be there, just assumed that it would be about the same as a phlebotomy. So we didn't bring reading materials or anything to wile away the 7 hours we were at LIJ's oncology unit. Everyone there is very nice and helpful, but, oh, the tedium. As soon as we found the the real time scheme, I sent Merwin home. I guess also I was hoping that the immediate effect would begin to flow, renewed energy, with the blood. Actually it has taken me until now (about 3:30 p.m. the day after) to begin to feel some recovery back to "normal." No sign of increased energy yet, but I am hopeful. I was told it could take two days.

I did manage in the last couple of hours to do some quiet work on hamletworks.org, and that always buoys me up. Also, I read Bittman's recipe yesterday, and so it has been swimming around in my head. I'd love to try it. It's noodles made as if they were risotto, eliminating the step of boiling water, large pot, etc. I'm for fewer pots!

I sent Merwin off to Brooks Brothers by himself to buy a couple of pairs of trousers. He and I both like to go together, but he did very well by himself. This is the first day of three when Americana donates 25% of all purchases to a charity of your choice. What a deal! I hope I am up to going tomorrow or the next day, the last two days of the event.

The weather has been amazing: pouring rain during the night, fresh breezes and warm temps during the day. Yesterday, I saw the sweetest flower on one of our bushes, one of the many treats that son Dave has laid out for us.

I hope to have good news tomorrow!

Love,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment