Saturday, December 12, 2009

Mixed bag

Dear friends and Family,

As I pulled up the shades on our front windows this morning, I noticed that the sun shone brightly on the windows of the house opposite, a welcome greeting to the day. The east is at the back of our house, but their windows brought the sun to me.

Yesterday was a day of more rest than I wish I needed, but I did work in the morning and then went to the Columbia Shakespeare Seminar meeting, leaving here before 4 p.m. and returning after 10 p.m. Laury drove, which makes it easy. I got through all that very well, with some lovely chats with friends.

When I returned I saw there was an email from my hem, with her message to Dr. Raza and Dr. Raza's response. I am so confused. I suppose a phone conversation will sort things out, but right now I don't know how this will work out. I dread another disappointment and rejection at St. Vincent's CCC. Dr. Raza says she would like to see me if I am off the hydrea, my main chemo. But I am not off it, and I don't know what would happen if I went off. All this will work itself out, I am sure, but in the meantime I am in a state about it. Then there is the pulmonary doc on Monday; the PT for my hand. I don't think the cortisone injection did much good . . . . .

Of course in the midst of this, recipes dance in my head. I want to make potato latkes two ways, grated potato and shredded potato. This morning because dear Vivian brought over a Challah yesterday, I also want to make french toast two ways, one savory, filled with cheese, and the other sweet for Merwin, so he can enjoy his maple syrup on it.

And I want finally to complete the Arden edition I have been working on. Let's see if all this can happen, and if I feel up to it we have a party to go to this afternoon.

Love to all,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment