Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

The photo on the lower left is of our back yard a couple of years ago. You can see dimly the path of stones that leads to the edge of the property on the south side. The photo above that shows Rae-Rae standing in front of her excellent Charlie. Next to him is my excellent Merwin and in front of him is me as I looked before I had an enlarged spleen and started on prednisone. Oh my. Will I ever look anything like that again? Next to me is Rae-Rae's daughter, Debbie. I feel a special bond with this lovely young girl, who has had a wild side as I did at her age. Rae-Rae's son David is not in the photo. Both kids are doing great, top of their classes, really high achievers. The other scene is of our front curb and the plantings nearby.



As usual, click on a photo to enlarge it and then arrow left for return to blog.

Dear family and friends,

Rae-Rae, one of our "daughters," took the photos above a couple of years ago and sent them to us the other day We are expecting her and Charlie to visit us next month. That will be fun. It so very sweet when friendships persist through generations. This is not true for all our friendships, unfortunately.

Yesterday Florence stopped by and we took a little walk together. I really like these impromptu visits, especially when they are so easy to incorporate into my day: we walked for about 15 minutes around the neighborhood, which is gorgeously blooming. Florence moved from Sea Cliff to Glen Head a few years ago, and we both belong to RSNS.

Rather late, Merwin and I had the pleasure of watching a movie, right on my computer, that we have wanted to see. That is a fun thing, especially when, as in this case, it was one we had a hard time getting to with our "free" movie tickets.

Earlier, I had Skyped with Satyaki, who is catching on to the rather convoluted task I have for him. I was so pleased that Skype worked. Thanks, Dave! So now Satyaki and I have seen each other, he from Reno, me from Long Island. Satyaki will Skype me today for a longer session, and my plan is to walk him through the site, showing him all the goodies. After all, he will be a teacher one day, and then perhaps he will encourage his students to use the site—and even contribute to it. He'll be able to do his work better if he understands the whole site.

Sending love to all, especially those in pain for any reason,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment