Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Green days, white memories





Dear family and friends,

In case it is getting too hot for you, here is a winter scene at the front of our house. I think I can do without that very nicely. Above is our azalea in full bloom. As I rode my stationary bike, I relished the sight of it outside my window. Now there are no blossoms at all. To the right is Jon, Rae-Rae's brother, and me; he and his wife Malkah live in Israel.

Most of the time yesterday was spent on hamletworks.org. Through Skype, I took Satyaki on a tour of the site, showing him what each page has and how to make the most of it. Now he will go to work on individual documents (each line of Hamlet has 1-3 documents) and many of them are very very long. We have a lot of information for anyone ho wants it. Satyaki and I have a Skype appointment for later today.

I have been making up menus for the guys' two-day visit later this week. The main goal is to keep it simple enough to make it easy for me. When I have to, I will lie down and rest. I also have been making notes about some of the things we can talk about, hoping that we can move smoothly into the next phase.

The bad effects of taking prednisone do not seem to be diminishing as much or as quickly as I would like in spite of my being down to 12.5 mg a day now. But some of the bad effects of not taking it are beginning to show: no trouble breathing, thank goodness, but rather intense itching. I am taking my UVB light treatment 3x a week and slowly increasing the dose; when I broke my pelvis, I couldn't get to the machine and when I restarted I had to begin with a low dose.

This too will pass.

I am looking forward today to the start of physical therapy to strengthen my legs and hips. Something is wrong with my stationary bike, and I am missing using it. I'll probably have a chance to bicycle at the therapist's office.

Love to all,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment