Wednesday, June 16, 2010


Sandy and Harvey at their 30th Anniversary dinner together. It hardly seems possible to any of us—that we have a child who has had a 30th wedding anniversary and they are old enough to have been married for 30 years. I wish for them joy and continuing years of peace and serenity.

Dear Friends,

Yesterday was Tuesday, so of course movie day, which we have missed for some weeks now. We chose "Please Give," which had a 7.2 imdb.com rating, the highest of all those available with our free pass. Well, this taught us that we cannot choose anything below 7.8. It makes more sense to stay at home and catch up on the New Yorkers that abound here. It was vapid and uninteresting, about two families joined together for a time by propinquity. I won't bore you with the plot, which was slow and obvious. The point is that we must never choose a movie with less than a 7.8 imdb rating. Any we have gone to with 7.8 or above has been worth seeing: any with a lesser rating had not. If we had been home watching it on TV, we would have turned it off after about 15 minutes.

Merwin went to a plumbing store to see what could be found to replace the broken shower door. The tools remain at the ready, but no call came in about a possibility. He did spend a good deal of time trying to help me with my email address book. Eudora was so easy. Creating group messages, such as to my writing group, the Hamlet team, and the like takes more effort than I wish to spend. But it is time-saving in the long run.

Today, I have another visit with the P.T., then off Merwin and I race to NYC. We are hoping that because it is supposed to be a rainy day we will be able to get tickets to Winter's Tale in Central Park. This is very ambitious of me. The fatigue factor cuts into everything I plan. Still, I think it is better to plan and have to withdraw, than to give up the idea altogether. If we do get tickets, it will be a late night tonight. We will be staying in the City in any case.

Tomorrow is my first day on the trial, if I am really accepted. I have messages to read from people in the MPD group who have been on the CEP701 trial, but I won't read them until I know I can start the protocol.

Have a wonderful day, all, and wish me luck through my two days,
Love,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment