Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thinking of the children today



To the left, Jenny, the granddaughter of our friends and neighbors, Viv and Mel, with Buster; to the right baby Brian, Toby and Elliott's grandson. As usual, click on the photo to enlarge it, and on back arrow to return to blog.



Dear Family and Friends,

The reality sinking in that Rachael and Michelle are now 25, we are thinking of the children. There are so many in our lives, and we gather noches (joy) from all of them, Vaughan's grandchildren, among the rest. We have a recent photo of Vaughan's daughter Amy's family that Merwin will convert into a computer picture, and then I will post it. And the latest granddaughter of our dear friend Sandy Schor, who died so many years ago, was born to Gideon and Shara, and her name is Sandra Emma. I hope to have a photo of her to post. So send photos!

By writing about the photos, I guess I am delaying the inevitable discussion of the meds I am now on. So many pills! 14 a day of the CEP701 alone, and then all sorts of others to counteract the ill effects, mainly intestinal, of the CEP701. Fortunately, I can swallow multiple pills at once.

We had a morning visit by Cantor Eric, and not only did we have a pleasant time showing him our house, because he admired it, and our art, ditto, but we also got him to take a few children's books. He and his wife Sarah have a boy, Tal, who is 5 and a girl, Eve, who is 3. For the synagogue collection, he also took my walker, and all those wonderful implements that our dear friend Betty had sent to make life easier when I could not do much. The leg lifter was an especial help. Now these instruments will help others, I hope.

After an extended rest, I had a few hours of nausea. I emailed Amy, the P.A. (physician's assistant in charge of the CEP701 program), and she phoned immediately. I have yet another med to take to counteract the nausea, another side effect of CEP701. Oh my. Turned out, it stopped before I got the anti-nausea pills, but I have them now in case of need.

We went for a walk at the beach, along the Sycamore path, and watched the sun set. Later we spoke to Michelle to wish her a Happy Birthday on the day itself, and she sounded so happy. She was with friends and they were going dancing. Rachael was working, so we could only leave her a phone message. I would like to get them both something nice.

We also spoke to our friend Phyllis B, who is ailing. She probably will have to have some sort of surgery to help her weak heart. Harvey called to tell us about his dinner in Boston with his daughter Laura, and with Arthur and his daughter, Sabrina, and his wife, Debbie. Laura and Sabrina, who both are in chemistry, are now both living in Boston, and it is good that the cousins can get to know each other. Lincoln phoned also. He will visit early on Sunday, because we have an early dinner date that day.

Merwin brought me a bouquet of Hydrangea from our garden; that is a special treat that I will enjoy for a long time. As the blossoms fade, they can be dried and will last for months.

Today will be a quiet day. Sunny, warm, and long. I love the solstice!

Love,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment