Thursday, June 3, 2010

Short morning


Dear family and friends,

This is son Arthur in New Hampshire, acting as carpenter's assistant, building this shed in his backyard, I suppose for equipment, such as his tractor. It is a joy to see him looking so good and knowing he is enjoying himself: he has always loved trucks and large machines, and he is relishing the chance to learn from a pro. In a previous house, Merwin and Arthur built a similar shed together, but this one is much more elegant and sturdy. Yesterday all the other sons checked in also, Harvey on his way home from Dallas where he went to a professional conference, Lincoln wanting to come over next week, Dave with plans to spray our ailing trees.

I went shopping on my own, for the second time. It's really not hard at all because I can hang onto the cart for support, and park in the handicapped spot next to the carts. I ran into Phe there, and she was happy to see me up and about.

When I returned home I made up at least some of the food we will be eating for these two working days: salmon, gazpacho, vegetables, etc. Merwin had his book group in the afternoon, but he helped as much as he could.

I look forward to getting back to my blog with happy reports of progress on our Hamlet project.

Love to all,
Bernice







Dear family

1 comment: