Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Missed yesterday

This is a very old photo of Dottie and Abie, Rae-Rae's parents and David and Debbie's grandparents. Dottie had been a marine during WWII, and Abie was in the service also. They are buried in the military cemetery in Suffolk county, but how alive they look here--and remain in our memories!

Dear friends and family,

Sorry I missed yesterday. It was a itchy, sick day. No point in sharing the gory details. We had planned to go into the City directly to MoMA to see the Bresson [sp?] show closing that day. We had seen a little on Friday when we were there, and both of us wanted more more more. Then stay overnight and go to Mt. Sinai from 4E.

Instead I did a little work but spent a lot of time in bed. Fortunately, our wonderful Mitsubishi air conditioners do a great job. I spent over an hour on Skype with Satyaki, the grad student from Reno, who is helping me. He found a number of errors that apply to my section—all of which I corrected. He is a good, careful worker. I also finished going through my notes for Measure for Measure. I had written a pretty complete set but thought there were some lacunae that needed to be filled. Laury, in the meantime, is working on other sections of the intro, which I should be helping her with.

So today we are just doing a quick in and out, going directly to Mr. Sinai and then directly home again. I'll write again if there is anything new to report.

Love to all,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment