Monday, June 21, 2010

Really a lot of photos!











Dear family and friends,

Well, I thought I had 3 photos, but one disappeared, It may come back. The lovely young women are Marisa and Amy nee Kaprow. The men are Amy's husband Philip and their two grown sons. The occasion is Philip's birthday, a grand affair. The mysterious sometimes visible photo is of my dear friend Vaughan with her daughters.

Gert, if you are reading this, we are working through the disposable camera you left here, and when it is finished we will have the pictures developed and send them to you. Taking photos is something we are no longer used to doing. There are many times we might wish we could take a photo, but it does not seem worth the effort when we have hundreds, perhaps thousands, of pictures and slides already. When are they going to be organized? digitized? Probably there are businesses that do such things.

Yesterday's main events were Lincoln's visit and our early dinner with Jack, Jessica and Barry. Thanks, Barry for the treat! Lincoln came late because he had been on an ambulance call that morning. He has been a volunteer (EMT) on the Smithtown fire department's team of emergency responders for years and years. He hadn't mentioned that he had been given clearance by his doctor and the fire department doctor to return there after his heart problems last year. So that is good news. He drives the ambulance, but, he says, the young guys don't let him do any heavy lifting. I didn't gather a list of computer-related questions to ask him; instead we just chatted about this and that.

We actually had to leave for our dinner date before he had left the house. It was lovely seeing these good people again: I hope we can see them again soon, and I hope the photos we took came out. By the time we returned home, I was ready for an early bedtime.

The main reading I am doing is of the newspaper. I remain an Obama fan, very proud of the job he is doing. His way is not my way, but I think he accomplishes more than most would in these days that try men's and women's souls. His Oval Office speech last week was general, too general for the pundits. But then this past week he wrings important concessions and money out of BP. Without self-serving trumpeting, he makes good things happen. I wish he would do more to put unemployed people to work. If you know of instances he has done that, I would like to hear about it.

Getting back to Measure for Measure later today; that's my promise to Laury. And of course to hamletworks.org.

Love,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment