Friday, November 27, 2009

Two beautiful days

For close to 48 hours, we had the pleasure of being with family. Merwin and I arrived in CT on Wed. in time for supper. My spinach pie was not a great success, though people who hadn't tasted the first attempt didn't know that. Now I must make it again. There were a couple of problems: I didn't get exactly the right cheeses, and I had selected baby spinach to save the time of stemming the older leaves. Not a good idea: the baby spinach is OK for salad but virtually tasteless when sauteed. Wed. night there were eight of us, and we enjoyed each other, told stories, joked. I lasted all day!

The price had to be paid, though. The next day, with a much larger crowd, I was a little slow and low. During the day everyone (Except me) made one or two favorite dishes for the evening meal. Our Sandy, a capable organzier, kept things moving while making her own dishes. Calm prevailed. Rachael suggested at the dinner table that we each say what we are grateful for. That was a splendid idea. I said I was grateful that all five of my grandchildren, all four of my children, both spouses and one machitanista (mother of Debbie) were there. It is the 1st time since 2001 that all the grandchildren have been together. The 5 (two different families) range from Laura, 26, to Sabrina, 23, with the twins Rachael and Michelle 24 and our grandson Daniel 25 in between.

Then this morning, we met Arthur and family, our sons Lincoln and Dave, for breakfast at the motel where we were all staying. A little quiet time before separating.

Now we are getting ready to go to the City. We have concert tickets for tomorrow and decided it would be best to divide the trip, going in today and then coming home tomorrow night.

More med news on Monday. For now I am wondering if the side effects are worth the effort.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Wishing you the very best for this holiday season.

Love,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment