Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving thoughts

First of all, I feel thankful that the new blood tests I had came out better than they looked the other day. The WBC is down to 130, from 161 (far above the normal range of 4-11, but still better for me) and platelets stayed about 63 (normal 140-450), which is better than it seemed from the last test a couple of days ago. The other values are low, and now I have to take iron along with all the other pills but reduce the HU chemo by half. And the hem wants to see me again on Mon.

I am thankful that I am feeling well, happy and energetic this morning, unlike yesterday when I had to spend all available time in bed, barely rousing myself to get to the dentist for my teeth cleaning session with Yvonne. She said that my mouth looked good, and that is always a good indicator of health.

After I completed the spinach pie for tonight's dinner, we went to the Rock and Roll movie, and that was fun.

Now we are getting ready to take the drive to Connecticut, eager to see the family; sad that Sandy's parents and her sister will not be there, but thankful that we can have this holiday with the others who will be with us.

As a mark of hopefulness, I took a summer skirt into the new tailor in town, and paid $20 to have the elastic replaced and some minor repair. I intend to be here next summer to enjoy wearing it, a lovely silk creation by Irene Nolan, a gifted designer whose clothes I adore.

I hope everything is going well for all of you. I am so grateful for your being there and look forward to your email messages.

Love and happy holidays to all,
Bernice

1 comment: