Sunday, November 15, 2009

More ups and Downs

Dear blog readers,

I noticed that yesterday I said DOW instead of DOWN. Well, the DOW is down from where it used to be but going up, so maybe that is a good sign.

The best things happening today so far are SPIN, which I got through again. A buddy there has a jell seat for me to cushion my tush because I have to sit the whole time (to save my thumbs). People are so good!

The next good thing was a concert we went to this afternoon. This series of Baroque music is held at the church in Oyster Bay that Teddy Roosevelt attended when he and his family were at their lovely Oyster Bay home, and it has memorabilia about him and his family. It's a modest church, though, easy to be in. I notice that certain visual delights catch my eye, for instance the reflection of a stained glass window, brighter than the original, caught in the mirror on the organ. Outside at intermission, I saw flowers still blooming in a sheltered spot, including dahlias, which in Merwin's plot turned brown over a week ago. Feasts for the eyes.

A funny thing was reading this morning the label on my prednisone bottle and learning--I swear for the first time--that I am to take 3 of these every morning. I am sure I never heard this direction before. Merwin is certain he told me. So what has this done? Two weeks or more with the wrong dose. And now the right dose: will that be better? Will I feel better or worse?

It'll be a quiet evening with some news on TV and maybe a show or two, then early to bed. I have had two naps already today, not sleep really, but rest with eyes closed. Peaceful.

Goodnight and sweet dreams to all,
Love,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment