Sunday, November 22, 2009

Finding the bright spots

Dear Friends and family,

What was good? Went to spin where I feel the friendship and even love of friends there (thanks, Gail!). I didn't try to stand this time because last time, though I thought I was being careful when I stood, my thumbs were protesting afterward. Then home for breakfast. I am trying to avoid yogurt for breakfast because it seems to make me tired: lactose intolerance, I guess. I will save it for bedtime. Laury came over and we had fun with Measure for Measure. She read from the Folio while I scanned the text by Kittredge that I have on my computer, and we decided where we should return to the Folio or strike out on our own.Lots of fun: nothing like hearing the words, word for word, to clarify what the problems are that we will have to footnote for students.

She brought a fresh contract with her from the publisher: they thought that perhaps they had neglected to send us one because they ahd not received signed contracts from us. No, they had sent it all right. I just wasn't sure I could undertake and complete this job. Laury and I got into act 2, and then I had to go rest. Lots of fatigue today, but after some nap time, I did some work on the website.

We tried (Merwin is my constant helpmeet in all these decisions) to take the prednisone at night, rather than in the morning. Maybe that would help ward off the fatigue. But one day isn't enough to tell.

Our meals were all leftovers from the previous days, so I had no cooking chores today. Merwin did make a lovely salad.

And Merwin and I have agreed about how we are going to brighten the bedroom. I would like that.I am spending quite a lot of time there these days.

Dare I mention the not-so-bright spot? I had trouble breathing today, along with the fatigue. I think the spleen is growing rather than shrinking and pressing more on my lungs. So every drug I have taken to shrink the spleen has failed so far.

But I have hope that maybe this next month of T&P will help me turn the corner.

Love to all,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment