Monday, October 26, 2009

Missed a day

Catching up: my last post was on Sat. Sunday I woke up with the blahs, very unusual for me. Mornings are usually my best time. But I had made the mistake of taking Tylenol PM the night before, and it took many daytime hours for the effects to wear off. Plus I had a fever, not very high, but high enough to push me down: 100.5. OK, enough with the excuses.

I had no recourse but to make the recipe from the NYT for which I had already purchased all the ingredients: "Sara's Spinach Pie." I wanted to see if this could be a standard for us. It took me about 3 hours to prepare and almost another to bake, so I would have to say this was not an easy recipe. As I went along I figured out ways to make it simpler, so next time it will take less time. Anyway, we had it for our mid-day meal, and it was quite good. I froze some to see how that would work, shared some with the Martins (friends and neighbors), and I had some reheated for breakfast this morning (very good), and some room temperature (also good). If you want my shortcuts, email be at bkliman@optonline.net.

Probably I was moving slowly through this recipe process because of my energy level, so it could go faster in the future. Later that day, my dear friend Laury Magnus came over to give me a copy of an essay I had written as commented on by her husband Boris Jakim (thanks, Boris) and to talk a little about the interview that the Shakespeare Newsletter has asked her to conduct with me about hamletworks.org, our team's website, and we also went for a walk along the water in Sea Cliff. The day ended with a phone conversation with my good friend Pete Donaldson from MIT, whom Laury also is interviewing about the web site, which MIT is sponsoring. Then to bed! I had wanted to watch Endgame on TV, but it was useless trying to stay awake.

It was a six-shirt night, which means many trips to the bathroom to make the changes, but I woke up feeling good anyway and went to Mimi's exercise class at 7:45 a.m. I stayed the whole time. I can't say I worked at the level of a couple of months ago, but at least I am doing it!

Today is a beautiful bright day, I have a smile on my face, and I hope to do some good work. And maybe we will get the report from Dr. Raza at St. Vincent's CCC and figure out where I go from here.

Love to all,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment