Monday, October 12, 2009

breakfast with Karen

I am excited about having a guest for breakfast this morning.Karen Strr is coming at 10:00, and I am in the process of concocting something. I made an apple/pear compote with cinnamon snf Dave's excellent vanilla. No sugar. Pop in the micro for 10 minutes and it's ready to eat when it cools off. I am going to serve it with yogurt along with baked eggs and cheese (eggbeaters mostly) and mini bagels. Probably too much, but Karen and I can choose what we want: leftovers are always useful.

I am feeling good about the two essays I am working on. My dear freinds Michèle and Raymond Willems helped by reading one and offering advice abut a truculent last sentence. I think this essay is almost ready to submit. It's for a conference in France in the spring, and Michèle has agreed to read it for me. Unless a miracle happens with INCYTE and I can actually think of traveling!

More tomorrow,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment