Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday, a day before Halloween

I wonder if the 1st two pills (T&P) I took at bedtime had an effect? It's so hard to say. I did have an extremely wet night, many changes of night shirts, each one soaking wet. I think the pills are supposed to be soporifics, so maybe I slept through the first minutes of wetness and proceeded to a drenching. Time will tell.

I have an urge (that I am trying to suppress) to contact everyone I know who has been on prednisone: I have never heard anything good about the side effects. So maybe I'll wait to see what they are for me: who knows? many people on the MPD list cannot tolerate HU, but it has not been a problem for me or for Merwin.

Though I didn't go to a spin class today, I did get a couple of washes done, and later we went to the store to shop for a few items for supper. I will try Brussels sprouts as in the NYT recently, and I'll do the fish dish again (of last week), but this time with flounder, slightly modified in subtle ways (ha!).

But the highlight of the day was a long iChat with our dear friends Michèle and Raymond, who are soon going to be traveling again (this time to London). What peripatetic friends! Their news was all pretty good, especially the fact that the book on early modern English literature that Michèle has been working on (sometimes "off" for no fault of her own) for years is finally out. She has several hundred pages of her work in it. Here is the title and publication info in case you know anyone who wants to spring for this 2-volume boxed set: Théâtre élisabéthain/,
Gallimard, Bibliothèque de la Pléiade, publié sous la direction de Line
Cottegnies, François Laroque et Jean-Marie Maguin. Sortie en librairie le
22 octobre 2009.

I don't read French very well, but I do know that Gallimard is an important name in publishing.

And the afternoon so far has finished up with yet another draft of my recent essay. It's amazing what happens: I think it's perfectly fine; then I wait several days and read it again, and ---ooops--mistakes, infelicities--- so I revise. It really seems pretty good to me now, but again I'll sit on it for a few more days. eager though I am to get it in the mail to some journal.

Now for supper prep, and soon after that pills and bed.

Love to all,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment