Thursday, October 15, 2009

Getting to NYC

I am determined to get to the NYPL today. Merwin has offered to come with me, to help me on the train and subway. Walking up those stairs will be my exercise for the day--plus the walking I do in that big library. I need that. Yesterday I took a walk around a very hilly block in our neighborhood: a couple of months ago this would have been nothing, but it had me huffing and puffing and wondering if I would make it. I almost stopped at the Martins' condo, at the top of the hill, for a rest. But I persevered.

Today I will probably just order some books, which will be on my shelf for a good day's work tomorrow. Then a rest in the apartment and then dinner tonight with, perhaps, a granddaughter or our cousin Sylvia. But I can write about today's events tomorrow.

For now, I am aware that the clothes issue is getting more serious. The spleen is about the size of a 5 months' pregnancy. Though I am losing weight--actually bobbling up and down around 110-112--and my clothes should be loose, the spleen interferes with buttoning my jeans.

More tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a wonderful day in the city and got to see some beloved family! It's really inspiring how you're working so hard & perservering... Much Love!!!!!!!!!

    ~dawn

    ReplyDelete