Friday, October 23, 2009

A good day all in all

Yesterday was a good day in that I went to another exercise class at the gym. Yay! I made it through the whole hour. Of course, it was a chair class, meant to be easier for seniors, but I felt good about it anyway. Mimi, the instructor of the regular class I used to go to (and will again!) on Mondays and Wednesdays, taught it well, really got us moving, up from the chair, down into the chair, weights, rings, bands--the whole works. I am even thinking about SPIN next Tues. My meniscus with its tears and my thumb with its tendonitus held up pretty well. Having p.vera and mf does not preclude other ailments!

Florence stopped over with a delicious compote that she makes, only for me she left out the sweetener. It was plenty sweet enough for my taste. She had fruit in her freezer that she wanted to use up, she said. Anyway, how nice to have the doorbell ring and Florence's sweet face greeting me with delicious gifts.

And on the work front, I had a really good idea, which I implemented. It required a bit of memory work, but I conquered the problem. The result, for anyone who cares to check it out, is a listing of sources for the writers of anonymous articles on Hamlet of course and can be found near the top of the alphabetical bibliography in hamletworks.org. What a relief to make this easy fix—easier than supplying names for all the anonymous authors myself; been there, done that.

I was hoping that we would hear from Dr. Raza, but she evidently had not completed her report about my visit on Wed. to St. Vincent's CCCC. I am eager to get started on anything that will help reduce the spleen size (5th month pregnancy size). A smaller spleen will make it easier for me to talk without coughing, help me breathe, and all sorts of good things.

More news when I have it.

Love to all,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment