Monday, July 12, 2010

Some days are best to skip


To the right, Lyn and Ken Rothwell, in 1980; below to left, Brian Isaakowitz, June 27, 2010, above Bernice and Merwin also in 1980 in England. The Rothwells and we had been at the Stratford Shakespeare Conference.


Dear Friends and family,

I don't have much to say about the weekend—except that Arthur phoned and told us about his birthday weekend, prepared by Debbie. She had arranged for a ride on a launch, then a secret destination B&B, and the pièce de resistance, a ride on a hot air balloon. Boy did he love that. She could not have picked a better gift.

My day was pretty punk. Every few days I end up paying for the activities of the days before. No details necessary. I did manage to do some work on Measure for Measure read the paper and The New Yorker, prepare a couple of meals, and sleep a lot. Supper, by the way, an impromptu meal, was very good. I made farfalle noodles, kept them warm in a colander over boiling water and added good olive oil and very good Parmesan, which I cut up from a whole block, and which melted into the noodles. Yum.

Expecting a better day today!

Love to all,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment