Saturday, July 31, 2010

Over a Week Now



Again, this is Merwin filling in for Bernice.

The picture is of a radiant Bernice in the summer of 1983 when she had just turned 50. When she was out with our oldest son, Harvey, who had just turned 30, they were often taken as siblings. David, our youngest son, had turned 18 that summer. Bernice was an avid runner during that period and customarily logged 5 to 8 mile runs daily. The next year she had the thrill of completing the NY City marathon in a decent time of a little over 5 hours. I do love to brag about my darling.

As usual, click on the picture to enlarge and then click on the back arrow to return to the blog.

Today Bernice began her rehab with a reduced weekend schedule of both physical and occupational therapies. Sunday is a rest day but we anticipate an intense schedule of therapy starting on Monday. I found out today that it is the T9 vertebra which she fractured. This, along with her head wound is keeping her on diet of pain meds. She is reading on her own but finds it a comfort to have me read select portions of the NY Times. With her help via the phone I picked out and took to her a wardrobe of clothes she will wear during her coming workouts. Somehow, under my stewardship, our house is just not as neat as usual.

Thanks for all the good wishes and emails,
Merwin

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting all these beautiful pix---

    please let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

    ReplyDelete