Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Another Bernice Misadventure

Hawaii 1984

Bernice Hawaii 1984


As dictated by Bernice to Merwin:

Dear friends and family,

I am so sorry to report that on the day after my wonderful birthday I fell again—on the tile floor in my kitchen. The result was gash in my skull with much bleeding, and an injury to my back and hip. Merwin reported hearing a frightening and resounding crash as my skull slammed into the hard tile. I was whisked off by ambulance to the Glen Cove ER. After several hours, x-rays and CAT scans and 7 stitches, I ended up in ICU where I got excellent care. Now I am in a regular room and using a walker.

In my usual optimistic style, I am glad that this happened after Laury's birthday dinner, after Lincoln spent some days with us recovering from his hernia repair, and after my birthday gathering in NYC with my beloved friends in my writing group.

I will write as soon as I can but will depend, for now, on Merwin to bring my voice to you.

Love to all, Bernice

1 comment: