Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Catching up










These photos are of Margie and Louise, the two daughters, now grown up, of our neighbors and friends, Vivian and Mel. I don't have a photo of their son Saul. I should because he is a world traveler and probably has sent a photo to his parents in some exotic locale. The photos, of course, are more of the cache that Merwin is converting from slides.


Dear friends and family,

Sorry I missed a day, It's a little hectic around here. On Monday, Merwin and I went to an eye doctor for a regular checkup. We left the house at 10:20, and we didn't get back until 12:50—that's the extent to which this practice overbooks. It's disgraceful. The doctor himself is very nice and laid back. I won't go into detail. We are both OK and set for an appointment in a year. I had not expected to leave Lincoln alone so long, but he did well.

I rushed off to my physical therapy session, and the rest of the day was spent on email, chatting with Lincoln and resting.

Yesterday we had a surprise gift from my writing group, a big bouquet of fruit! It was delicious. We ate some, tucked some away, and invited some neighbors to share some with us. They took too little, though! The bouquet was for my birthday coming up tomorrow.

Lincoln wants to leave for his home in Smithtown today. I am a bit nervous about this, but he knows what he can do. Knowing he was leaving, I asked him to help me figure out how to do a few things on my computer. He is a whiz, a gifted, knowledgeable person. Just one example. He noticed on our phones a message "Missed Call": this was always on our phones because we didn't know how to get rid of it. He was here about 2 minutes, noticed the phone, asked me if I knew we had missed a call. I said we had not missed a call recently. This was a permanent message. Instantaneously he figured out how to get rid of the message. I am bragging I know. Can't help it. I am so proud of him—and all my sons for that matter.

Time for breakfast and another busy day today!

Love to all,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment