Thursday, March 11, 2010

Missed a day!

Dear family and friends,

For the first time in a long time, I didn't write a blog yesterday. Not that nothing happened on Tues, which is the day I would have written about, but I can combine Tues and Wed pretty well. Our son's former student, George, has been staying with us while he tags along with a doctor friend of Harvey's. He's no trouble at all, since he is out of the house in the morning and does not return till evening. Last night, one of his many family connections took him out for dinner, so basically we did not see him all day. I did manage to snag him to do a couple of chores for us, which he did very happily. Now boxes of medieval books that had decorated the front foyer are in the basement, and newspapers are neatly packed for this morning's pickup. Tonight another relative will be packing him up here and taking him to her house for a few days, and from there he will return to Yale. George was staying with us because the doctor he is tagging lives in Sea Cliff. making it easy for him to pick George up here.

Most of the last two days have been spent getting my talk for Friday in order. I had to cut it to fit the time scheme at the Columbia Shakespeare Seminar, but I can put everything back for the printed version. So that will mean another go-around. Of course, I hope to hear questions and objections that I will try to respond to. I also spent time on Tues on notes for Measure for Measure, but not as much as I should have. (I am always reminding myself not to should on myself.)

The exercises I received from Vicky, the PT, seem very good. I did them without much trouble, though they do get my pulse rate up. Merwin with my help pumped up my old red ball so I could sit on it for some of the exercises. If he can grab George later, we both think it can get better with a little more strength.

The main medical news is that having tapered the prednisone Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in the middle of the night, I was dismayed by the effect the lower dose seems to have: I needed to rest a couple times in bed and I even fell asleep during the days. I like the energy and the up feeling that the prednisone was giving me. I want to be in good shape for the SAA conference. I have a call in to Dr.K to talk about it: she wanted me to report after two days, so it seems she was expecting some effect rather quickly. I hope to talk to her today.

This too will pass,
Love to all,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment