Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bad move

Dear family and friends,

I guess I got a little careless. I was looking for a card to send to Noelle, the wonderful manager at La Z Boy who helped me with a recliner. I leaned over at the waist to open a drawer of a little cabinet and BANG. Big time pain in my hip and back. It lasted all day and persists this morning. It happened so fast that I didn't have a chance to feel that I was doing something wrong. I hope I have not damaged anything. Bill, the Visiting Nurse, will tell me perhaps how to recover when he comes this evening.

Lots of good plans for today and the next days: Rabbi Lee is coming here for a visit this morning. I plan to show him some of my many religion books that he might want for himself or for the synagogue. I hope to have some serious conversations with him today and in future days. I miss his classes very much. Barb will visit tomorrow briefly after classes: NCC vacation starts tomorrow night. I hope to see Rick and Dawn soon. And the writing group plans to meet here on April 15th. Thinking of pleasures to come is always invigorating—even when they don't materialize! But these will, I hope.

Harvey is sending us the Haggadot we will need to follow their Seder on iChat. I hope it works. He will set up his computer on their Seder table, and we will sit right here at my desk. We will miss all the delicious food, of course. Then the next day Jesús will be arriving from Spain. How wonderful it will be to see him.

I did get to the Sea essay yesterday and find I am liking it again. I am adjusting it, taking out some excess (some of the cuts for the talk are good for the published paper too) and adding some new material. My dear friend Camille is looking for some nineteenth-century publications for me and will send me PDF files if she finds what I need. That will be an exciting step. Thank goodness for the Internet: limited as I am these days I can still get to library catalogs, to friends who can help, and even to whole books, thanks to Google.

A very quiet day yesterday. Hoping for improved healing today.

Love to all,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment