Saturday, May 28, 2011

nothing Much New


Above is the 2003 Honda that Arthur sold for us. He did a great job, and we are so pleased. Below is the father who bought the car as a surprise for his son who graduated this week. And they are so pleased. The Dad fixed a blemish on the front fender, and the car looks great. How nice to know that the car made so many people happy.

Dear Friends and Family,

Not much to report. The same routine: trying to correct the proofs of my essay for SQ. I am a little disappointed that some things I had corrected in the last go-around are still there. I hope it gets corrected on this last time around. I am correcting pages as they will appear in the journal, illustrations and all. It's fun to see it.

I also have the proofs from my Shakespeare Survey essay, but I dread looking at them. I know there will be lots of things wrong because the editor wanted to change things, and because I was rather sick at the time, I gave him permission to make the changes (one being quoting from the Wells and Taylor edition of Hamlet rather than from my own Enfolded edition). I lose the point of my discussion with the Enfolded edition not there for readers to see.

All this proofing will be done this weekend. We have no special plans for the holiday, except we're hoping to see Sophie and Brendan on Sunday.

Dr. K called us on Thursday evening. She is calm and has a calming effect. I am to increase my Hydrea from 2 to 3 pills a day. She seems to think this will reduce the spleen size. We sent all the reports to Dr. M., and after the holiday we will talk to him as well. The pain persists, and it is a little hard to sit on the recliner, but I find I can sit at the big computer more easily. Tylenol still is sufficient to keep the pain at bay.

Dawn visited, and we had a fun time. She took me to our Glen Head Pharmacy, where I bought a gift for a young couple. Actually, it is what our gift will go into for mailing. We also went to the little bakery where we sampled delicious pecan bars and shared a smoothy. I had hustled up a dish for her in case she was hungry. It was a great success and took about 10 minutes to put together from things I had around:

Here's the cheesy-eggy dish I made on Thursday:
1/2 lb cottage cheese.
Add to cheese container about 2 tablespoons of flour to thicken the cheese
Add a pinch of baking powder
Beat in two eggs (this was all in the container the cottage cheese came in)

Line a small casserole with apples slices (peeled)
pour in the cheese mixture
Top with another layer of apple slices
sprinkle with juice of a quarter of a lemon
Bake at 350 until puffed and lightly brown on top. I have a convection toaster oven, so it bakes pretty quickly.

Eat hot, warm, cool, or cold. We all liked it.

Yesterday Florence stopped by with a rhubarb compote; that would be a great sauce for my cheesy thing. Friends and family phoned. I am blessed in all my dear ones. Their tender attentions nourish me.

More anon,

Love to all,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment