Monday, August 15, 2011

Up and Down

This is a tiny photo of another branch of our family, on my father's side. You will need a magnifying glass to view it, I think.

Dear Friends and Family,,

My energy level just isn't good yet, so I will keep this short. Yesterday, in pouring rain, Dave went shopping for us again, and when he got to the house he not only tidied up the kitchen and washed the pots in the sink, but made us a delicious lunch, sauteed mushrooms with onions and garlic on ciabata roll, with sliced tomatoes. I ate too much; I must stop before I am full. Merwin stopped in time and ate the second half for dinner!

I rode for stationery bicycle for about 20 minutes: that made me feel good. Otherwise, I rested and even slept in the afternoon, a rarity.

I finished the prednizone, but do not feel the promised surge in energy, For the first time since Sonia taught how to get up from a seated position, I couldn't do it without Merwin's help. More practice needed. Enough of this.

Merwin and I had a lovely iChat with Michèle and Raymond, who just came back from a vacation in Perros, with visits from the children and grandchildren. We have lots to talk about and an hour goes by very quickly, So delightful to have this connection with our dear French. friends. The New Yorker had an article I enjoyed about Elisabeth Badinter, a French intellectual. I don't know if there is anyone similar in the USA. Merwin will be scanning and emailing this to them.

As usual, our sons weigh in. A pleasure to feel their closeness. Friends, too, call to offer help.

Love,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment