Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hooray! We've got power

Dear Friends and Family,

Just a brief note to tell you that our power came on late last night. What a relief. We did OK. Merwin got the car out of the garage by returning to manual, so he could go out, and Dave came over with food that doesn't need to be refrigerated. Yesterday he brought me some noodles and veggies. We also went to the very crowded local diner once.

Yesterday, Tuesday Sonia came as usual and put me through my exercises, more than usual. I know I have to try to be strong enough to rise from my seat. She is wonderful. Just pitches in and tidies up everything. And yesterday was Laura's our oldest grandchild's birthday: 28. We left her a phone message.

Without TV Merwin and I have been doing a lot of reading, and he has read to me from the NYT and the New Yorker. He also has regaled me with memories of his childhood games on the street with the guys in Buffalo. We had no phone service and our cell phones were very shaky.

So now we're back. I am going to look at the email and try to answer everyone. Please let me know that you are safe and secure. Nick?

Love to all,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment