Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Woes continue

Dear Friends and Family,

I am finally feeling able to sit at the computer for a while. I very much want to go to my youngest son David's birthday celebration tonight. I think I can do it. The confluence of ill effects continues: because I didn't get the Lasix to begin with, my lungs have become a real problem. Talking is difficult. My O2 level is low (80). To top it off, Sonia is away and Margaret has a bad cold and could not help. Merwin does not have a lot of energy, which is a worry. Dave got us some take-out food, which is a help, and dear Ilona sent over some delicious soup and Kügel. But enough about me; I will get better: a little good luck now would help.

I heard from Jesús and Nick from Prague that everything went swimmingly. I am not surprised. It's thrilling that our hamletworks project and Pete's MIT projects will work together very well and that both got the international attention they deserve.

I can no more, dear friends and family. In the back of my mind is the sudden death of a 19-year-old cousin, shot in Los Angeles while she was sitting in a car. No more details yet. I have to think: why she? why not me? I am ready to go; I have already lived my life. She had so much more to live. We last saw her three years ago, at another cousin's 90th birthday party in Calfornia.

Love to all,
Bernice

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about your cousin, Bernice...such a senseless tragedy!

    Please let me know if I can help you guys around the house or anything...

    ReplyDelete