Friday, April 1, 2011

Tooth miseries

The Writing Group, all except Jay. Hedda, Barbara, Golden Kathryn, Meta, me, Toby, Joe, Anna. What delightful folks, what dear friends.

Dear Friends and family,

The last couple of days have been mostly wasted by the tooth extraction. It went well at first, but then not surprisingly, certain features of the recovery were affected by my blood condition. I had to return to the dentist on Thursday and then again today, I hope for the last time. This time, the dentist stitched the wound. Enough of that.

In spite of the visit to the dentist this morning, I went to our monthly First Friday lunch at the Jolly Fisherman. Ilona picked me up, and we had a lovely group of 7. By eating soft foods, I did all right. The nueropathy has certainly diminished. I was able to sit at the table the whole time without having to walk or stretch: this is a first. But afterward, all I wanted to do was sleep, and I have been a lay-about most of the day. I have so much to do! But it will have to wait till I feel better.

Did I mention that Merwin bought a 32" TV for the kitchen to replace the 10" one we had? This has been a father-son activity, with Dave providing the muscle and most of the know-how. It's good to see them working together. Of course, nothing goes smoothly, so the bracket they purchased to put it on the wall did not work and Dave had to fabricate one from scratch. Now we can see and hear the horrible news while we are moving around the kitchen.

Much love to all,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment