Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Another day, another celebration

Jpeg file of NYPL announcement above; some people had complained about the text yesterday.

A bouquet for our anniversary, one of several giving us the cheer of summer and artistry in this continuing stormy time.

Dear Friends and Family,

The celebration continues: today we went out for lunch with our friends Eli and Miriam who were married in Jan. 1951 as we were. We went to a Japanese restaurant a few minutes away, at the end of our street. I couldn't go out in January, but at last I am much better. I woke up with hardly any pain (I sometimes feel as if I have been run over by a train) and with a smile on my face. It was early, and I got to work on the Sentinels. Slowly, slowly, I am getting there. I sent the draft to our web master, Jeffery, so he could see if I tagged it correctly for the web site.

Some people objected to the form of the NYPL announcement—so forgive me for appending it again above: I wanted it to be below but no luck. I am also including a URL below that will take you to a whole set of pictures Harvey took on the weekend. Seven of us had lunch in my study, which doubles as a casual dining room, and eleven of us sat down to dinner in the dining room.

Yesterday, I had a very good day with my aide, Sonia. Even when I start off as a mope, she always energizes me: I help her do some cooking and she helps me exercise. Later, my dear friend Barbara stopped over briefly on her way home from the College: she is not at all ready to retire.

The icicles are amazing. Merwin spent the morning chopping ice, so I was able to walk gingerly to our friends' van. I get by with lots of help from my friends.

Love to all,
Bernice

URL of photos: http://gallery.me.com/harveykliman/100852



No comments:

Post a Comment