Friday, January 28, 2011

More snow coming!











Merwin took these photos yesterday: one shows the view from my study to the deck; it's quite amazing the way the furniture is completely covered. The other photo shows our front yard. You can just see to the right the new 3-foot high railing that we had installed recently. This is to help me walk down the path if necessary. In the photo the snow almost obscures it altogether. As usual, click to enlarge the photos and then use the back button to return to the blog.

Dear friends and family,

I couldn't resist sending you the photos. And we hear there will be another couple of inches over this weekend! I am ready to see the end of the snow, beautiful as it is.

This morning I sent my sentinels essay to my fellow web site editors, Nick, Hardin and Eric, and I am hoping they will think it is OK and ready to put on the site—or better yet, offer criticism. Looking back at other character studies that are already on the site, I see I have done each one very differently. Who said that consistency is the mark of a small mind? If that is true, mine must be large indeed! But in a way, the differences are appropriate: each character requires a different analysis.

Today I am beginning to capture notes for the web site from my own considerable Hamlet collection. It seems reasonable to realize that the resources I have on hand can compensate for my inability to work in the NYPL at present. I also have many copies of TLS that Kathryn has been giving me, and they are fun to do also, but not as directly useful as essays and books that focus on Hamlet.

Yesterday, Laury came for a short visit, and it was a delight to see her. We will have to figure out a project that we can do together now that the FOCUS work is just about over (except for photos and some corrections). Working with her sharpens my dull brain.

I have an urge for potato pancakes for lunch. I think I can manage to make them by myself, I hope. This time real pancakes, not the oven-baked version I tried last time—a half-baked idea.

Love to all,
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment