Thursday, August 26, 2010

An abbreviated blog

Dear All,

Your blog editor is tired tonight so i will not linger long. Bernice's back surgery is scheduled for about 10:00 in the morning. Tonight they put in an IV line for they are going to give her a platelet transfusion since her platelet count is low and her blood condition produces imperfect ones. Hopefully, after an operation of 60 to 90 minutes, her back pain will be relieved. As I believe I explained before, they will fill that damaged vertebra with an epoxy-like material to stabilize it and prevent nerve endings from that area sending pain messages.

Did I already mention what Bernice said a few days ago when she was told that the vertebra was crushed to about 40% of its former size? She said, "Five foot one, here I come!" Lately, Bernice has barely made a height of 5 foot three. In her prime she proudly stood a statuesque five foot four.

More news tomorrow. Thanks for all the supporting emails and healing love sent her way.
Merwin

1 comment:

  1. Good news. What can I say but "hang in there." I am glad your loved ones are able to visit. - Nick

    ReplyDelete